Tips to better immune response and cold care:
- A daily walk revs up immune response and gives you some fresh air. It works wonders!
- Stimulate immunity with early morning sunlight every day. Avoid excessive sun. A sunburn depresses immunity.
- If you feel a cold coming on, take ascorbate vitamin C or Ester C, 1000mg every hour, preferably in powder form with juice, throughout the day. Take zinc lozenges as needed, or Propolis Throat spray.
- Wash hands and clean counter tops frequently to prevent virus spread.
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol. Avoid sugary foods, fried foods, and dairy foods. They reduce immune response and increase production of thick mucous.
- Relaxation techniques are immune-enhancers. A positive mental attitude makes a big difference in how your body fights disease. Creative visualization establishes belief and optimism. Biofeedback or massage therapy reduce stress.
- Immune power builds the most during sleep. Use aromatherapy immune oils like lavender or rosemary oil before bed.
- Already sick? Drink plenty of liquids; 6-8 glasses daily of fresh fruit and vegetable juices, herb teas and water to help flush toxins through and out of your system.