The term arthritis (joint inflammation), refers to over 100 diseases that attack joints and connective tissue. Degenerative joint and rheumatic diseases include gout, lupus, ankylosing spondylitis (arthritic spine), psoriatic arthritis (skin and nail arthritis), infective arthritis (bacterial joint infection), fibromyalgia and rheumatism. Today more than 40 million Americans are afflicted by one or more of these crippling conditions, now the leading cause of disability in the U.S. Arthritis is the country’s number one crippling disease, affecting up to 80% of people over 50. Estimates say arthritis cases are rising... over 60 million people in the U.S. will be afflicted in the next two decades. Add to that, people suffering from arthritis-like diseases—gout, bursitis, tendonitis and lupus, and the figure becomes staggering. Arthritis Nutritional Therapy Plan from my bestselling book, Healthy Healing 14th Edition.
1. Change to a low-fat, mostly vegetarian diet - the single most beneficial thing you can do to control any kind of arthritis, even in long-standing cases.
2. Avoid arthritis trigger foods: corn, wheat, rye breads, bacon and pork, beef, eggs, coffee, oranges and milk. Nightshade foods like peppers, eggplant, tomatoes and white potatoes; colas, chocolate. Diets high in hydrogenated oils and refined sugar aggravate flare-ups.
3. Cut down on: alcohol, fried foods, dairy foods, black tea, salty, highly spiced foods.
4. Add body balancing foods: green tea, artichokes, cherries, cabbages, brown rice, oats (not for rheumatoid arthritis), shiitake mushrooms, cold water fish, sea greens, fresh fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, garlic, onions, olive oil, flax seed oil, sweet potatoes, squashes, ginger and parsley.
5. Arthritis Veggie Special: add to a bottle of vegetable juice, 4 tbsp. each: wheat germ, lecithin granules and nutritional yeast flakes. Take 8-oz. twice daily.
Add ginger syrup (a COX 2 inhibitor) with 1 pinch cayenne pepper, 1 pinch turmeric powder to any healing drink. (Highly recommended.)
Topical applications: Arnica gel for soreness; Boswellin creme; Capsaicin creme, cayenne-ginger compresses; Emu oil; Soak hands in oatmeal for 15 minutes for relief.
To Life-long health,