A good diet and plenty of rest are essential. Potassium is the principal mineral lost when adrenal health is compromised. Potassium-rich foods like sea veggies, bananas, kiwis, potatoes, broccoli and fish help recharge adrenal energy.
Other key nutrients:
B vitamins (royal jelly shows excellent results); vitamin C (helps convert cholesterol to adrenal hormones); zinc foods, like brown rice, grains, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast, bran, eggs, oysters, etc.; magnesium foods like green leafy vegetables, almonds, apricots, avocado, carrots, citrus fruits, lentils, salmon, flounder; and the amino acid tyrosine (I use about 500mg daily).
1. Eat small, instead of large meals, low in sugar and fats. Eat lots of fresh foods, cold water fish, brown rice, legumes, dark greens and whole grains.
2. Put seaweeds at the top of your list of adrenal enhancing foods. Add potassium-rich foods like potatoes, salmon, seafood and avocados to your diet… about 3 to 5 grams daily. Cut down on high sodium foods.
3. Avoid hard liquor, tobacco and excess caffeine during healing.
4. Avoid fats, fried, salty foods, red meats, sugary foods and fast foods.
5. Each morning, make a fresh mix of 2 teaspoons each: flax seed, bran, nutritional yeast, toasted wheat germ, and maple syrup and add to your favorite cereal or yogurt. Or, have a cup of miso broth every evening, adding 2 teaspoons each nutritional yeast and toasted wheat germ to boost benefits.
Adrenal support from herbs:
• Adrenal Energy caps as directed with Evening Primrose Oil 4-6 daily; Hawthorn extract - 1 dropperful as needed for a feeling of well-being. • Gotu kola extract caps 6 daily, for nerves.
Superfood therapy: Choose 1 or 2 recommendations.
• Crystal Star Systems Strength drink or caps with sea veggies. • Just Barley drink.
To Life-long health,